Rich KreismanVP & Practice Leader
As Vice President & Practice Leader for Outsell’s Science, Technology & Healthcare research and advisory programs, Rich’s role is to guide Outsell clients through the profound changes impacting science, technical and healthcare publishers, database providers and software vendors. From the rapid evolution of personalized consumer medicine to the impacts of open access publishing on scientific researchers, market change is the norm, and opportunities abound in the market. Understanding how and where to invest resources based on Outsell research, and then advising clients on new products, services and partnerships, is core to Outsell’s mission in this market segment.
Rich is a veteran of the information industry, having worked in STM, reference, legal and content aggregation sectors. His experience spans corporate strategy, business development and product management roles. Most recently, he led his own consulting firm serving healthcare publishers, healthcare information buyers and healthcare information technology vendors.
- Consumer & Professional Healthcare Publishing/Data
- Reference and Database Publishing
- Corporate Strategy
- Product Development
- Distribution Alliances and Partnerships
- Software and Technology Licensing
- Content Licensing Strategy
- Healthline Networks
- Thomson Gale (Information Access Co.)
- Thomson Professional Publishing
- HighBeam Research
Rich received his B.S. degree in Journalism from Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism.
Telephone: +1 650-342-7140
More About Rich
Movies I like: The Graduate; The Deer Hunter; The Ref
Power breakfast: McCann's Steel Cut Oats + fresh blackberries
Favorite cities: San Francisco, New York, Paris, Jerusalem and anywhere on Cape Cod, MA
Best vacation I've taken: 10 days in southern France with my college friends .... Exactly 25 years after graduation day.
Where I grew up: Rockville, Maryland
First job: Record Department at The Hecht Co., Montgomery Mall.
First car: 1972 Chevy Nova.
Activities outside work: Volunteer at Project Read, an adult literacy program; animal rescue; fitness/ exercise; and drinking too much Peet's coffee.
Recent Research:10 Tips For Licensing And Partnering, November 16, 2011.
Most Recent Reports
- Research Analytics in STM: Current Issues and Outlook - April 1, 2013
- Open Access: Market Size, Share, Forecast, and Trends - January 31, 2013
Most Recent Insights
- A Week in the Life of the New Normal - June 18, 2013
- FundRef: The Ultimate STM Altmetric? - May 17, 2013
- With Mendeley Buy, Elsevier Embraces The Power Of One - April 12, 2013
- Uh-Oh...We Left the Sponge in the Patient - April 10, 2013
- The Plot Thickens: What the White House OA Policy Means for STM Publishers - March 1, 2013