Mary LaplanteVP & Practice Leader
Mary Laplante is Vice President and Practice Leader for Custom Research and Consulting at Outsell, Inc. In this role, Mary has executive responsibility for the custom programs that connect client business needs and Outsell’s market-leading strategic services. She works collaboratively with clients and Outsell’s analysts and consultants to define and structure custom solutions that positively impact the client’s business performance. She also supports delivery of those solutions, interfacing with other parts of the Outsell organization to ensure the highest levels of client satisfaction. As a subject matter expert for Outsell’s clients, her industry knowledge and applications expertise lies in content globalization and technologies for multilingual content management, XML and structured content, multichannel digital publishing, and web content management.
Mary has 28 years of experience in standards, publishing, software marketing, and research and consulting arenas. From 2004 through 2010, she was Vice President for Client Services and Senior Analyst at the Gilbane Group, acquired by Outsell in 2010. Prior to joining Gilbane, she was a founding partner in Fastwater LLP, a consulting firm that helped companies take new products to market. From 1996 through 1998, she was a Director in the Dynamic Software Strategies Group at CAP Ventures/InfoTrends, a research and consulting firm that tracks markets for document and printing technology. She was the first Executive Director of the organization now known as OASIS (Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards), serving from 1993 through 1996. She has worked as an independent consultant helping companies implement publishing technologies, and she has held management and senior marketing positions at software companies in the XML and content management markets.
- XML and structured content management
- Content globalization (multilingual content management)
- Global customer/web experience
- Market research
- Strategic and tactical marketing
- New product and program development
- Partnerships and alliances
- Project management
- Marketing program management
- The Gilbane Group, Inc.
- Fastwater LLP
- InfoTrends (formerly CAP Ventures)
- OASIS (Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards)
Mary holds a B.A. in English from Washington and Jefferson College, and an M.A. in English from the University of Connecticut.
Telephone: +1 724-695-5675
More About Mary
Where I grew up: Pittsburgh, PA
Most Recent Reports
- Practical Innovation at Chaines Tele Astral - May 23, 2012
- Global Content Management Strategies for 2012: Building Muscle for Next-Generation Localization - February 13, 2012
- Smart Approaches to Managing Mobile Learning Content - October 1, 2011
- Magazines at a Digital Crossroads: eCommerce and New Models for the Future - September 1, 2011
- Understanding Best Practices for Profiling, Personalizing, and Targeting Next Generation Engagement - August 1, 2011