Laura RicciSr. Market Analyst
As a Sr. Market Analyst, Laura conducts primary and secondary research, data analysis and competitive intelligence within Education & Training and Science, Technology, and Healthcare practice areas. She supports Outsell’s valued clients by creating in-depth profiles of emerging subsegments and business models. Her responsibilities also include authoring reports on an expanding list of geographic regions and disruptive innovations.
- Higher education publishing
- Scientific, Technical, and Medical information industries
- International markets
- New business models
- Disruptive technologies
- Open Access publishing
- Attwooll Associates Ltd.
- Pearson Learning Solutions
- Pearson Education India
- Houghton Mifflin Company
Laura graduated summa cum laude from the University of Notre Dame with a bachelor’s in English (Honors) and Philosophy. The following summer, she completed a postgraduate course at the University of Denver Publishing Institute. After several years in the higher education publishing industry, including a four-month talent exchange working in New Delhi, India, she returned to school and earned a Master’s in International Publishing from Oxford Brookes University in the United Kingdom.
Telephone: +1 617-262-2398
More About Laura
Music I listen to: : I grew up on the greats of classic rock so I love The Who, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Bob Dylan, and Johnny Cash … Secretly, though, my favorite band is Genesis.
Power breakfast: You can’t beat a good omelet, but the muffins from the bookstore in Porter Square, Cambridge come in a very close second.
Favorite book(s) or author(s): David Foster Wallace is my favorite author and his Infinite Jest is the one book I carry with me every time I move.
Best vacation I've taken: Taking a plane from Kathmandu to Lukla, Nepal, walking all the way to Everest Base Camp, and climbing one of the smaller mountains nearby. Next to the big peaks it looked like just a hill, but we were 18,200 feet above sea level!
Where I grew up: Just outside Detroit, Michigan.
First car: beautiful candy-apple red Firebird with a removable T-top.
First job: Teaching horseback riding lessons and running a small petting farm in rural Michigan. We raised sheep, goats, llamas, and one year there were even a pair of emus.
Activities outside work: I travel as much as I can, but when I’m home I enjoy watching hockey and American football, reading, doing yoga, and occasionally training for marathons.
Most Recent Reports
- Research Analytics in STM: Current Issues and Outlook - April 1, 2013
- MOOCs: Cutting Through the Hype - March 27, 2013
- English Language Teaching: Market Size, Share, Forecast, and Trends - March 21, 2013
- Custom Higher Ed Textbooks: Market Size, Share, Forecast, and Trends - February 12, 2013
- Professional Training Content: Market Size, Share, Forecast, and Trends - February 4, 2013
Most Recent Insights
- Unified Access Spins a Web of Information Across the Enterprise - May 15, 2013
- Chinese STM Publishing Continues to Go Global with Recent Partnerships - April 25, 2012
- Bookstep Places Control in the Hands of Student Customers - December 21, 2011