Kate WorlockVP & Lead Analyst
In her capacity as VP & Lead Analyst, Kate leads Outsell's coverage and research on education information solutions in all areas of the education marketplace, including K-12, higher education, and professional training. Over the past two years, Kate has produced research on the digital textbook marketplace; K-12 and higher education markets in countries including China, Brazil, and India; and the future of interactive education, amongst other topics. Kate also serves as an executive-level advisor and consultant to Outsell's education-focused clients on issues such as new market entry, product development, and digital growth strategies. In addition, she covers the education and training information segment's financial performance and benchmarks.
Kate served on the Content Division Board of the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) from 2008 – 2010, and currently serves on the board of the Data Committee of the PPA's Business Media Group (formerly the UK Data Publishers Association, or DPA).
- Education Markets
- Information Industry Trends and Strategies
- Credit & Financial Information Markets
- Scientific, Technical & Medical (STM) Information Markets
- EPS (Electronic Publishing Service)
Kate received her BSc joint honours degree in History and Physics from Keele University.
Telephone: +44 (0)1494 778 100
More About Kate
Favorite authors: Stephen King, John Irving, Bill Bryson, Stieg Larsson, Henning Mankell
Movies I like: Broadcast News, Stand By Me
Music I listen to: Johnny Cash, Lily Allen, The Noisettes, The Beach Boys, the Monkees
Power breakfast: Cereal and fruit ... or blueberry pancakes if someone else wants to make them for me!
Favorite cities: London, San Francisco, New York
Best vacation: 9 months on a kibbutz after I left university
Where I grew up: London - smack bang in the middle of it
First job: Administering car parks on behalf of the City of Westminster council
First car: Ford Fiesta
Activities outside work: Looking after my two daughters. Facebooking and Twittering. Starting to do some quilting, which is very relaxing. Reading. Watching TV when I get the time!
Most Recent Reports
- MOOCs: Cutting Through the Hype - March 27, 2013
- English Language Teaching: Market Size, Share, Forecast, and Trends - March 21, 2013
- Custom Higher Ed Textbooks: Market Size, Share, Forecast, and Trends - February 12, 2013
- Professional Training Content: Market Size, Share, Forecast, and Trends - February 4, 2013
- Testing and Assessment Size, Share, Forecast & Trend Report - September 26, 2012
Most Recent Insights
- Conflicting MOOC Signals: Georgia Tech/Udacity Vs. Semester Online - May 28, 2013
- Smart Sparrow Takes Flight with Adaptive Learning Platform - May 20, 2013
- Coursera Partners With Chegg and Publishers - May 14, 2013
- inBloom: Courting Controversy or Clarifying Misunderstandings? - May 8, 2013
- Tuatara: Aggregation and Note-Taking Made Easy - May 2, 2013