Kate LewisMarket Analyst
In her capacity as Market Analyst, Kate Lewis supports Outsell's analytic coverage and advisory services focused on the largest diversified publishing and information companies. She tracks and analyzes industry benchmarks, key operational metrics, industry financial score carding and business valuations. Kate conducts vendor briefing interviews to profile companies within her space, discover industry trends and disrupters and estimate the size and share of those companies. Kate also leads Outsell’s end user research coverage by designing and analyzing studies focused on individuals’ information consumption, opportunities brought about by new mobile devices, changing methods of content creation and the disruption underway as content migrates to digital form.
- Market Sizing, Forecasting and Competitive Analysis
- Primary and Secondary Research
- Disruptive Technologies and Emerging Trends
- Mobility, Consumer and Prosumer Research
- Yankee Group Research, Inc.
- PenciLink Communication
- Payne Art Gallery
Kate graduated magna cum laude, with honors from Moravian College with a bachelor’s in Business and a minor in Market Research.
More About Kate
Favorite movie: Match Point directed by Woody Allen and starring Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Scarlett Johansson.
Power meal (lunch): Sprouts, Dietz & Watson roast beef and a touch of mayo wrapped inside a thinly sliced piece of Muenster cheese.
Favorite book: Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech. I read this book for the first time in 1999 but I’ve made a point of reading it every couple summers since then because it always has a refreshed meaning to me.
Best trip I’ve taken: A month-long, whirlwind trip to Europe with my best friend from college. My favorite stop along the way: The Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounion, Greece.
Favorite cities: Chicago, Paris, NYC, Boston, San Francisco, Athens
First car: ’95 Saab 900 Convertible
Where I grew up: Hancock, Maine
Activities outside of work: Sailing in Frenchman’s Bay, riding my bike, reading cooking blogs and books, entertaining friends and family, learning about gardening, and exploring local wine and cheese shops.
Most Recent Reports
- Information Industry Market Size & Share Rankings: Preliminary 2012 Results - February 28, 2013
- CEO Topics: Sales Excellence Study - February 20, 2013
- 2012 Information Industry Benchmark Report - November 8, 2012
Most Recent Insights
- Penguin Random House: “Big Six” Publishers Become The “Even Bigger Five” - April 29, 2013
- Six Factors that Impact Sales Performance and Success - February 22, 2013
- Outsell's Benchmark Study Reveals Emphasis on Product Development -- But Without Customer Input? - November 16, 2012