Burlingame, CA; Boston, MA; London, UK
The Market Analyst will track and analyze established and disruptive companies and market trends in the information industry and serve on a team committed to delivering top-notch research and analysis to satisfied clients.
- Support, design, and execute research projects and write reports based on industry trends, emerging strategies and technologies, and data analysis using primary and secondary research methodologies.
- Conduct research and vendor briefing interviews to develop, track, and enhance Outsell’s company database of all publishers in the industry – profile companies within your space and estimate the market size and share of those companies.
- Follow headlines, blogs, and news releases of announcements relating to the companies in your segment. Build domain expertise of your segment in the information industry.
- Understand team revenue goals and support business development activities including client satisfaction and retention. Liaise with Client Services and cross functional analysts and consultants to drive lead generation for up/cross sell opportunities and new business.
- Support building analyst team best practices and processes and contribute regularly and collaboratively to colleagues’ research projects.
Qualifications and Experience
- 2-4+ years as market or business competitive analyst position.
- Bachelor's required; Master's degree preferred.
- Ability to evaluate markets, design research projects, and track and analyze companies.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and organizational skills are required, as is competency in challenging assumptions and developing opinions that are concise and complete in well-founded logic.
- Ability to produce written research reports and analysis and make strong recommendations and conclusions to senior management.
- Must be able to own a process, express ideas clearly and logically, meet deadlines, manage personal time successfully, and work effectively under pressure. Creativity, curiosity, self-motivation, and a strong analytical rigor are also essential.
- Demonstrated ability to work within and deliver on an agreed timetable of commitments, to manage multiple research and writing projects concurrently, and deliver finished work on time.
- Candidate must be team-oriented, flexible, and able to work both independently and collaboratively in a firm whose team is largely based in home-office environments.
- Excellent writing and research skills are critical, as are outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. Must be fluent in English, both oral and written.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required, and experience in communicating knowledge through these programs is critical.
It is important that the successful candidate reflect Outsell's core values:
At Outsell, we strive to delight our clients and provide a "wow” experience whenever possible. In all things we do, we attempt to achieve win-win-win outcomes through:
- Service. We are client-centered, good listeners, easy to do business with, and focused on high-touch relationships.
- Innovation and creativity. We are can-do, agile, and embrace change.
- Integrity. We are honest, ethical, and direct in all of our dealings.
- Accountability. We say what we’ll do, do what we say, and do the right thing.
- Results. We are committed to helping our clients achieve high-quality, actionable results.
- Influence. We are a trusted advisor and unbiased thought-leader.
- Teamwork. We collaborate with our clients and each other.
- Fun, freedom and family. We get the job done on a schedule that works for each of us, our clients, and our colleagues.
- Kaizen. We are always learning and improving.
- Commitment. We are stewards of what we stand for, focused on running a financially healthy business while being active citizens in the world.
About the Company
Outsell is a research and advisory firm that helps the world’s publishers, information providers, and enterprise marketers grow revenue, deliver superior solutions, optimize their clients’ performance, and thrive in a fast-changing global digital market. And we do it with wow!
Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, ancestry, or national origin.