Director, Membership Services - Position Filled
Location - Position Filled
New York, NY
Outsell is looking for a proven top-producer, entrepreneurial-minded, and highly motivated to succeed candidate to drive new business. You enjoy getting on the phone and getting that appointment with an executive. You have the ability to get through screenings and gatekeepers and are driven to close the deal.
If you are looking for a challenge and want to work for an intellectually stimulating company, then Outsell is for you. You must be committed to executive-level selling, selling the highest quality services to support our clients and focus exclusively on driving new memberships and subscription business. You’ll exceed annual quotas and view anything less as beneath you. You will generate leads, build relationships, listen more than you talk, identify and qualify prospects, and present and close business.
- Prospect, qualify, and close new memberships/subscriptions targeting C-level executives within the information industry.
- Manage and build new business and develop account strategies for assigned accounts; maintain and manage a consistent pipeline that builds new business within these accounts while working with Outsell’s solution architects and lead analysts to deliver total solutions to clients.
- Travel required monthly.
- Must exceed quota.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of professional business development experience, including at least 2+ years selling to senior-level executives. Experience in the information/research industry ideal with proven ability to achieve sales growth targets within sales territory required
- Demonstrated track record in new sales performance as an individual contributor. Proven ability to meet or exceed quota with year over year sales overachievement.
- Able to effectively sell to multiple levels in an organization, primarily targeting CEO, Presidents and Managing Directors. Sales presentation to Outsell’s executive team required as part of interview process.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and oral communication, project management, and presentation skills. Superior listening skills.
- A self-starter with proven experience working in fast-changing, entrepreneurial environments. Ability to take action quickly, efficiently and effectively essential.
- Highly organized, with demonstrated experience solving problems quickly and creatively. Understands and drives for improvements.
- Flexibility, with a positive response to new challenges and opportunities.
- Demonstrated maturity and professionalism.
- Ability to travel.
It is important that the successful candidate reflect Outsell's core values:
At Outsell, we strive to delight our clients and provide a "wow” experience whenever possible. In all things we do, we attempt to achieve win-win-win outcomes through:
- Service. We are client-centered, good listeners, easy to do business with, and focused on high-touch relationships.
- Innovation and creativity. We are can-do, agile, and embrace change.
- Integrity. We are honest, ethical, and direct in all of our dealings.
- Accountability. We say what we’ll do, do what we say, and do the right thing.
- Results. We are committed to helping our clients achieve high-quality, actionable results.
- Influence. We are a trusted advisor and unbiased thought-leader.
- Teamwork. We collaborate with our clients and each other.
- Fun, freedom and family. We get the job done on a schedule that works for each of us, our clients, and our colleagues.
- Kaizen. We are always learning and improving.
- Commitment. We are stewards of what we stand for, focused on running a financially healthy business while being active citizens in the world.
About the Company
Outsell is a research and advisory firm that helps the world’s publishers, information providers, and enterprise marketers grow revenue, deliver superior solutions, optimize their clients’ performance, and thrive in a fast-changing global digital market. And we do it with wow!
Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, ancestry, or national origin.