MarketView: News Providers & Publishers: 2006 Market Size, Share, Forecast, and Trend Report
This MarketView provides an unparalleled view of the News Providers & Publishers marketplace, the largest information industry segment challenged by a growth rate lower than the inflation rate. This MarketView includes:
- Outsell estimates for 2005 revenues and 2006-2009 forecasted compound annual growth rates for the News segment
- Size, market share, and growth rates of the top 50 companies in the News segment
- Estimated 2005 revenue and revenue growth of major news aggregators, including Google and Yahoo!
- Market dynamics driving the News segment, such as continued splintering of the mass market
- Insights about rising stars, including Yelp, Pluck, YouTube, and News Corp
- Outsell’s predictions for News Providers & Publishers, such as more use of pay-for-performance ad models
- Essential actions to meet unprecedented challenges, such as partnering with news aggregators and pushing for growth in niche markets
This MarketView draws extensively from Outsell’s secondary and primary research, unique industry metrics and analytics, and our daily involvement and tracking of the market.