What to Do When Your Enterprise Search System Doesn't Work
Search is part of every professional’s life. Little work can be done without finding the necessary information, document, or data. This study is focused on what to do if your search system is off track, and how to determine whether it needs to be fixed or replaced. It has been written for a procurement team trying to determine what options are available to them. Consultants, analysts, entrepreneurs interested in search, and intelligence professionals will find the report useful as well. The study, by Stephen E. Arnold of The Gilbane Group, a division of Outsell, provides insight into an important change taking place in search, and includes:
- Tips and tricks to fix an ailing enterprise search system;
- Alternatives to the now-aging "enterprise" systems so common in organizations today;
- Profiles of 24 vendors, with details about some of the newest, most promising content processing systems now in the commercial channel;
- A "market map" to help evaluate vendors;
- A glossary of terms used in the search-and-retrieval industry.